Saturday 27 October 2012

Milani Shadow Eyez 12 hour Wear Eyeshadow Pencils

Hey my beauties how are you all doing today.  
Incase you missed yesterdays post.  I took part in a Beauty Swap with a lovely woman i met through the blogging community.  Shirley from Superhipmama is from America and she really wanted to try some products from here she couldnt get her hands on over there and visa versa.  I have quite a few items on my wishlist that i cant get here and im glad to say Shirley was able to help me tick off some of them.  Yesterday i reviewed the Wet n Wild Megalast Lip Color lipsticks.  
So today I am reviewing The Milani Shadow Eyez 12 hour wear eyeshadow pens.  These little beauties were released around April of this year.  The first time i heard about these was from Diva Makeup Queen she posted a video about them comparing them to NYX Jumbo eye pencils and from then on I wanted them in my life :)  She also compared them to Urban Decay 24/7 eyeliner pencils which you and I know that they cost a big ass amount of money for one.  
Big and blendable 2-in-1 color rich pencil  that can be used as shadow or liner. Creamy smooth, long-lasting, water-resistant, crease-proof and paraben-free formula. The next generation of shadows that you sharpen.
There is 6 shades to choose from and to be honest the minute i started to use these I couldnt help but kick myself for not getting the other 3 shades.  I also hope Milani make more shades in the future :) 
These eyeshadow pencils cost about $6.99 each.  
The Packaging Is quite good the lid fits down very securely so there is no fear of them falling off and drying out the product.  you are getting 2.5g of product per pencil which is quite good for the value 
Compared to Urban Decay 24/7 Eye-liner pencils these little beauties are going to last alot longer than them.   The UD eye liners are only 1.2g product and cost $19 each.  
Thats some price and product difference eh? 
Starting with the shades :) 
Well now i just had to get this shade as purple is my favourite colour :) And boy is this colour AMAZING :) :) This is a lovely blue toned purple it has no shimmer what so ever and applies like a dream :) 
Next Shade is....
Awww Brown Deluxe :) :) This is a great dupe for Urban Decays "Bourbon" 24/7 eyeliner in which you can see for yourself here in my review But this is ALOT more pigmented for sure :) This beautiful bronzy brown is amazing for making my hazel eyes pop i love it !!!!!! This isnt even as shimmery as the UD Eyeliner which is an extra bonus 
ans lastly 
You can tell this is going to be a great highlight shade or a great wake me up lid shade by the picture.  Its a stunning peachy/champagne shade which gives a metallicy finish.
And here is a picture of all 3 in the sunlight :) 
These little beauties are amazing 100% 
Diva Hunny you were right they surely are a great dupe of the UD 24/7 liners for sure.  They have the same staying power as them.  There is actually no difference between them if anything Milani shadow Eyez eyeshadow pencils are better in my eyes as you are getting more product i find these are a little more pigmented and they are alot cheaper.  What more can you ask for :) 
Are the Waterproof ??? Oh My Goodness yes they are 
Are they long lasting ??? Hell yeah baby they lasted 11 hours on my eyes and it looked like i just applied them really they did not smudge whatsoever 
Are they easy to apply??? yes yes yes They are so creamy and soft they are amazing.  Champagne Toast is a little sheerer because its a light shade but it is buildable 
Anything else you need to know hmmmmmm
Oh yes they are easily blendable too you have enough time to blend out the edges before they set which is a bonus especially if you make a whoopsy.  They make a great shadow base too and great for intensifying those not so pigmented eyeshadows you might have stashed in the back of your drawers :) They are amazing to use as an eyeliner aswell 
And of course lastly they are 100% creaseproof.  Sounds all too good to be true doesnt it my dearies well it is true Trust me 
I highly highly recommend these to everyone even to your guys who suffer with oily lids these beauties are not going to let you down !!!!
You can get these from Cherryculture.com, Nonpariel.com, Ebay and of course in American stores :) 
So thats it for today everyone 
I hope you are all well 
Until next time 
Lots of Love Luck and Laughter 




I love love love hearing from you all :) I make it my duty to read each and every one of you comments and every time i get a comment from you it highlights my day thanks so so much to you all xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

6 comments:

ABI said...

Love the shades!! :D

julien said...

Beautiful swatches! I was thinking of waiting out a good sale for the urban decay liners, but now that you mentioned milani has more product for 1/3 of the price, i think milani would be the wiser investment. Thanks for saving me money! :D

Unknown said...

julien thanks so much for your comment oh girl by all means if you get UD eyeliners on a cheaper price go ahead and get them they are amazing plus Urban Decay has alot more shades to choose from but yes milani surely is a money saver for alot more product and just as good staying power :) :) they are brilliant i want to get the remaining shades :)

Makeup Over Mind said...

Brown Deluxe looks amazing! :O

Katy said...

These look incredible! I gotta get my hands on these now. I'm a new follower of yours through the Monday Beauties blog hop

http://skinstuffbykaty.blogspot.com/

Unknown said...

i have these pencils too and you totally make me want to open them! i'm trying to sell them so i'll try not to! yikes! :)

vickyhoang.blogspot.com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...