Saturday 20 April 2013

Pretty Smooth Nose Pore Strips Review :)

Hey My beautifuls how are you all today :) 
Wow the sun is shining bright and everyone is in great form which is lovely to see :) 
Today's Review is on the Pretty Smooth Nose Pore Strips I bought in my local pharmacy 
Now let me tell you all I am a nose strip virgin.  
Never have I ever tried anything like this before I usually do it the old fashioned way by steaming my face and them washing my face with my face cloth which is pretty effective doing this too often dries out my face alot.  
Plus curiosity got the better of me and I just had to get them to try them :) 
Now I did ask you all on facebook the day i tried these would you all like to see a blog post on it with pictures you all agreed and said that you would like to read and see :) 
So if you have in any way got a sensitive tummy do not look at the last photo :) :) :) 
Now I have never heard of the company Pretty Smooth before I have tried goggling it and there is no website but the company it is produced by is Quest Brands which do have a website (Thank Goodness) They are said to be One of the industry’s largest manufacturers of disposable care products.  They sell wax strips, nose strips, cotton buds etc.  They actually remind me of a pound store or cheap store you would find in your super market.
It is an English based Company and they do Post Internationally.  
So these nose strips cost me a whopping 3.99 euro for 6 strips in total which is not bad :) 
As you can see you get 6 strips individually wrapped in foil nice and hygienic :) 
When you open up one of them you will get the nose strip stuck on some clear plastic 
Of Course you also get very very clear instructions on how to use the nose strip which I was delighted with because what i would have done is just stick this baby and probably done more damage than anything so please make sure to follow all instructions :) 
So on my no makeup day I went ahead and tried this baby out packed up of curiosity and nerves sort of lol 
As you will tell by my face :)
Please excuse the no make up face hehehehe 
so how did I get on with these :) 
Hmmmmm I was pretty darn disgusted with the results lol lordy my nose 
The first time I tried them I didnt apply enough water to my nose area so when i went to peel the nose strip off it hurt badly oh my word I thought I was pulling the skin with it.  So please please make sure to apply a generous amount of water on the nose before applying the strip :)
2nd time around was alot better and boy oh boy the result was surprising in all fairness I have to admit These strips done their job right.  It was kinda gross seeing the result on the strip but to be honest I was delighted as it too all from the root it looked like what one of my FB readers described it as "Kiwi hairs Standing" lol 
ok now for the evidence scroll further down if you do not wish to see this :) 
NASTY!!!!!!!
Over all I am impressed with the nose strip When used right it takes out most of the black heads but I did notice there was some left behind.  I can safely say it too 70% of them which is fine with me.  You are left with a smooth nose area but also left with pores wide open which i didnt like and which someone else on FB stated does happen.  Open pores = dirt makeup etc going into them = spots and more blackheads but i have the solution for that.....  Rinse your face off with cold water then apply and ice pack aka a page of frozen veg or something like that and hold it to your nose area for about 2 to 3 minutes.  It quickly closes up your pores and your face is ready :) 
I am well impressed with the results and It is surely making me want to try out other brands to compare.  My nose looks more smooth and blackhead free I love it :) 
Have you ever tried Nose strips before ?
How was your experience with them.  
Until next time 
Lots of Love Luck and Laughter 


You can get these from Amazon for £2.96 or on Ebay 

I love love love hearing from you all :) I make it my duty to read each and every one of you comments and every time i get a comment from you it highlights my day thanks so so much to you all xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

4 comments:

Laura Larrie said...

I think euro 2 does that brand!

I Am THE Makeup Junkie said...

I used one once and it ripped some skin off! The skin on the nose has to be fairly thick (meaning you don't use a lot of acids on your skin, which thin the skin) for them to really do well. Also, it helps to steam the skin. Glad you had a good experience.
Marie
http://iamthemakeupjunkie.blogspot5.com

Susannah said...

Wow, that's so impressive how good it did! Thanks for sharing the tips on what to do after the pores are big. :-)

Marian McCarthy said...

lol I love looking at them strips after I rip them off! something so satisfying about it.. like squeezing a spot!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...