Friday 28 June 2013

Lancome Hypnose Star Eyes Palette in Terre D'Ivoire

Hey my Fabulous beautiful readers :) 
I hope you are all well :) 
Well today is official the start of the summer in my house as the kiddies is finally off school for the holidays so they are hoping they get some of that fabulous sun we had a couple of weeks ago, mind you so am I !!!!
So do you all remember about 2 weeks ago or so I posted up a blog post about a launch I went to ?
The Lancome & Jenny Packham Fashion Meets Beauty Launch 
Where Jenny Packham teamed up with Lancome for the second time to launch her designer cosmetics bag.  There was so many deals that day and you got 20% off any Lancome product plus you got 5 nice sized samples in your designer bag to take home ;) I just couldnt resist :) 
I have to add I never in my life ever owned anything from Lancome for the simple reason its a high end product and costs a BOMB.  But for this day I had saved up especially to treat myself at the event.  
Not only that I dont really ever get the chance to splurge so spurging and getting cash off is a bargain to me hehehe 
It was extremely hard to choose what to get I had a limit and I wanted to really take advantage with this limit.  Barbara the Lancome Rep who works with Cara Pharmacy in Cavan, filled me in on almost everything Lancome had to offer She was absolutely brilliant and very patient with me as I had alot of questions to ask.  
But with all the products she put out there for me there was one in particular that kept catching my eye and that I kept going back to which is this Fabulous eyeshadow palette :) 
 The new  Lancome Hypnose Eye Palettes are broken into three styles, Doll Eyes, Drama Eyes and Star Eyes
There are 12 palette to choose from in this range and all 12 look absolutely amazing and suitable to anyone.  
Each style has 4 palettes to choose from 
Doll eyes is the Fresh & Natural 
Drama Eyes is the Chic and Elegant 
Star Eyes is the Deep and Intense palettes 
Unveil chic and elegant eyes with Lancôme's Hypnôse Star Eyes palette.

Create a range of sophisticated eye makeup looks with ease using our versatile palette,professionally inspired applicators and step-by-step techniques. 
Apply the eye shadow dry for blendable, buildable colour, or use wet for deeper colour intensity. Our innovative “wet” eye shadow technology allows for a range of effects and intensities with a multi-dimensional, even texture.

Benefits: Elegant Eyes, Intense Colour, Endless Finishes by Lancome 
With great difficulty simply because I could not choose straight away been so undecisive I chose the Star Eyes Palette in Terre D'Ivoire with is from the Deep and Intense Selection :) 
This was the one I knew I would used alot :) 
Each palette cost a sturdy €48 WOWZER!!!!!!
But to be honest how many palette have bought and have you wasted just for the sake of having a few nice shades.  I know so many people who own palettes and don't even use the half of the shades because they are not suitable for them where as these palettes are well thought out and the shades all 5 of them work brilliantly together 
The packaging is plain and simply the way I like it.  Its very light weight and fits the palm of my hand.  Inside you are getting your 5 shadows one of which can be used as an eyeliner, a nice sized mirror and 2 applicators one is sponge the other is a brush.  Usually I would roll my eyes up to heaven and throw them in the bin but this time I shall be keeping them because they are actually quite good.  The extra bonus to this palette is that it must have some sort of magnetic hold for the applicators because when you turn the palette in any way the applicators do not budge :) happy days :) :) 
As you can see I have the palette standing up and the applicators are staying put :) 
 The main reason I chose this palette is because i knew by the shades that they would be well suitable for my hazel eyes.  Any sort of neutral shade suits my eyes plus pinks and purples they really make my eyes pop.  
The palette comes with detailed instructions on how to use each eyeshadow they ever broke it down into 3 different guides 
Soft, Medium and Deep intensity which is brilliant for anyone who is new to makeup.  This guide will help you achieve a day time and night time look from the one palette and you will have eyes that look like they were done by a professional not only that but there is also a video tutorial on youtube done by Lancome to show you a look you can do from these palettes.  
The pigmentation is absolutely amazing.  The shadows feel soft and creamy and just by swatching these you know you are getting what your paying for.  Swatching these shadows dry you will see they look nothing better than any normal eyeshadow but wearing them dry is a total different story.  They lasted all day on my eyes and I found no fading until about 8 hours into wear 
Wearing the shadows wet ?? Oh my goodness the intensity is absolutely amazing I couldnt believe it even seeing it with my own eyes and wearing them applied wet they lasted on my eye from 8 in the morning until 9 at night.  Looking in the mirror at 9 o clock at night it looked like I just applied my makeup AMAZING The swatches below are literally only one swipe no building up of colour :) 
Of course with habit i used a primer each time I wore these shadow but I would well believe without a primer they would wear well :) 
Overall I am extremely happy I purchased this especially with the discount.  Yes it is a bit on the pricey side but if you are one who treats yourself now and again I would recommend even owning one of these palettes.  I can safely say this will be the only palette I will own from this range because of the price but if you got the money to slurge go ahead and get at least one of these palette you wont regret it :) 
Here is a look i created from this palette (Click on the photos for a closer look)
This picture was taken with flash and the next picture is taken in normal light as you will see in the next photo the eyeshadows have really made my eyes pop :) :) 
Have you tried the Lancome Hypnose Eyeshadow Palettes yet 
If you were to buy one which one would you get 
Until next time 
Lots of Love Luck and Laughter 









I love love love hearing from you all :) I make it my duty to read each and every one of you comments and every time i get a comment from you it highlights my day thanks so so much to you all xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

6 comments:

CosmeticsAndThings said...

perfect shades, I like the third one

DrPoisonIvyBeautyBlog said...

love the FOTD

Unknown said...

Violets yeah me too they are fantastic for any look :)

DrPoisonIvyBeautyBlog Thank you very much hunny

Leelo said...

I haven´t tried these palettes but I would love to try them. Love the look you created!

Jess | The Indigo Hours said...

These look lovely on you! The brushes do look pretty good, too :)

Jess xo

I Am THE Makeup Junkie said...

Nice shades. I keep wondering why I stopped using Lancome.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...