Monday 8 July 2013

Dainty Doll Powder & Cream Blushes Review

Hello My Beauties How are you all doing today :) 
If you are a regular follower and follow me on facebook you might reconise this photo .  I posted it up of facebook months ago showing a tease of a haul I got from Fragrance Direct website.  They were having an absolutely amazing sale on Dainty Doll Makeup and I really could not pass it.  I know I know I cant believe its taken me this long to start reviewing them but (slaps on the hand) but life just took over in the past month and a half with birthdays kiddies getting off school and of course the fabulous weather we have been having I was just too busy to sit at the laptop.  So forgive me. 
If you dont know anything about Dainty Doll let me give you a little low down hoe down to what it is.  
Dainty Doll is developed especially to enhance the beauty of fairer skin tones. Created by Nicole Roberts from Girls aloud using the finest quality, skin-loving formulas to help cover, perfect and care for your skin, The Dainty Doll range makes it much easier for those with paler skin tones to achieve the ideal shade every time.
I say fair play to Nicole for finally coming out with this range teaching all pale skinned woman out there that there is no need to hide behind fake tan and dark foundations that you just need to enhance what you have and to flaunt you natural self.  She is a stunner and finally pale skinned woman everywhere can find a match for their skin tone through this range :) 
Now I am not the palest skinned out there in fact I am sallow skinned all year round but I am paler in the winter which is why I was interested in trying out this range and not only that my sister is paler than me too and it would be nice to have a little collection of makeup that would suit her or anyone I do makeup for.  
So I will start off with 2 Powder blushes and 2 Cream blushes I purchased from this range .  
The packaging on both blushes are the very same.  I love how cute the boxes are that come with them.  The vintage styling is amazing of Nicole on the front its brilliant.  On the inside you get you little slim compact containing your blush and inside that you are getting a nice sized mirror for travelling :) 
The compact feels expensive its not just you typical black plastic feel its more grippy and sturdy than that and not only that is stain free so if you smug especially with the cream blush you can wipe clean and it looks as good as new.  
I have to admit when choosing these blushes I made sure to choose 2 of each and 2 simular shades of each just incase one or the other does not work out for me :) 
So starting with the Cream blushes 
In the Cream Blush Range there are 3 shades to choose from 
I ended up Choosing 001 Paper Roses & 002 Orange County Girl 
001 Paper Roses :) 
This is a light baby pink shade with tiny tiny shimmers in it.  This blush is more on the cool side than on the warm side.  Its a little too light for my complexion but looks amazing on the more paler skin :) 
002 Orange County Girl 
This is my favourite out of the 2.  This is more suited for my complexion.  The shade is amazing its a beautiful coral pink shade with gold shimmers.  The shimmer is not over shimmery but leaves a beautiful glow on the cheeks.  So much so that you would not need to add highlight, it does 2 jobs in one how better could that get :) 
 The cream blushes have impressed me alot I have to admit.  They are highly pigmented and builtable.  They feel cream and smooth and takes very little effort to apply.  They both lasted all day on my cheeks and began to wear off after the 8 hour mark which in my eyes is super dee dooper.  To apply you can easily use your finger which i do recommend as the heat of your fingers will make applying alot easier but you can use a stippling brush too.  The prices of these blushers vary depending on where you get them but i have noticed alot of sites who used to sell Dainty Doll dont sell them anymore.  Amazon are one site who do still sell the range and they are all cut down prices too also If you are in Ireland Cara Pharmacy sell them too :) 
If you can get your hands on the cream blushes grab them as they are worth trying out :) 
Powder Blushes 
The Powder Blushes come in a bigger package 2g bigger in fact.  There are 4 shades available in this range 
I chose 002 My Girl and 004 You are my sunshine 
The best thing I noticed about these blushes even before getting them in my hands is that there is Vitamin A and E in them and is also rich in antioxidants Bonus :) :) 
Another thing you will notice is that the powder blushes are very familiar to the cream blushes in shades in fact they are almost identical 
002 My girl 
As you can see is a nice baby pink shade This is the exact shade of "Paper Roses" so if you the cream blush you can finish it of with "My Girl"  This blush is alot more pigmented than the cream blush and not at all chalky .  Its soft and cream and lasts all day long.  I did notice there is alot more a glow on my cheeks using the powder blush than the cream blush which is unusual :) but they are both lovely 
004 You are my Sunshine 
Oh I just love love love this blush.  Its amazing on my skin and is a favourite by far out of the 4 blushes.  Again this is the exact match of "Orange County Girl"  But with a little difference.  There is a little more of a golden sheen in this blush than the cream blush and its a little more pigmented.  Its stunning I love it :) 
Here is a picture of all four blushes together the Powder blushes on the left and cream blushes on the right 
Over all i am well impressed with both types of blushes.  I am loving the cream ones at the moment in this crazy heat wave because its not melting off my face but the powder blushes are brilliant as they are more pigmented and last until you take your makeup off :) 
If you are lucky enough to find these blushes which in Ireland is no Problem as mentioned Cara Pharmacy still stock Dainty Doll and anyone else in the world can buy them from Amazon but im sure if you look you will find them easy.  I have emailed them to ask them are the restocking on the site they used to sell on so I will update you all when I get a reply :) 
Until next time 
Lots of Love Luck and Laughter 




















I love love love hearing from you all :) I make it my duty to read each and every one of you comments and every time i get a comment from you it highlights my day thanks so so much to you all xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

4 comments:

Brigitte Honeybee said...

They are great colours! Its almost a day time and night time compatible blush. Great picks, i cant wait for the rest.

BlogLovin' | Blog | Facebook
xoXo

Jenna said...

Great review! As a very pale girl I've wanted to try these for ages!

Jenna@www.whatjennadidnext.com

ABI said...

The You are my Sunshine blush is a dupe for the Nars orgasm blush:)

xx

ABI

DrPoisonIvyBeautyBlog said...

i love dainty doll lippies.
would love to try the blushes

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...