Thursday 11 July 2013

Sharing the Love #12: Interview with Maria from Apage Love Designs

Hey everybody How are you all doing :) 
I hope you are all enjoying this weather and been extra careful with SPF.  I know some of you out there might think you will not get a colour if you wear SPF but believe me you will I am living proof but guilt free because I know I am protecting my skin :) 
Today we have another visitor to my blog this time its the lovely adorable Maria 
This woman is amazing her blog is amazing and she is a mum of 3 kiddies so she is extra busy along with having her blog :)  I love her style of makeup and love how fresh and gorgeous she looks each time she posts up a new look.  Anyway here is my interview with her :) :) I hope you enjoy and love her as much as I do :) 

1. Hey Maria Welcome to my blog   Can you tell us a little about yourself  
Hello, I'm Maria-Isabel. I blog over at agapelovedesigns.com. I'm a 28 (29 in August) wife and mother to 3 kidlets. One girl and two boys! I love church, singing, art, photography, crafts, makeup, and zumba!
2. Tell us a little about your blog 
My Blog Agape Love Designs is my place to get creative in many ways! I am a lover of variety so thats what you get on my blog. I have dont many DIY crafts and jewelry tutorials, Ive shared my photography, as graphic design with Free Printables.... But recently Ive gravitated towards making my blog all about faith, fashion, fitness and beauty. I am a Christian, so I do post about my faith every so often. Nothing to cram it down your throat... I just love to inspire and encourage others. I believe in showing the love of Christ by loving others! I'm also somewhat of a budget fashionista... Ive always taken pride in making myself look nice, but have not always been someone with a lot of money. So I like to shop on the cheap and show off ways you can still look great even when shopping on a budget! As far as beauty... Well I got into makeup at a very young age because my mother used to sell Avon. So I love being creative with makeup and sharing fun looks on my blog! I also have a new linky party (http://www.agapelovedesigns.com/search/label/Makeup%20Monday%20Linky) just for makeup and beauty and I would LOVE to have more people link up to it! As far as fitness goes, well I NEVER would have thought that I could be someone who would be an inspiration to ANYONE in that department. But last year I started a weight loss journey (http://www.agapelovedesigns.com/2013/01/my-weight-loss-story.html) that I am currently STILL on. I started at 240 and have lost 75 pounds so far. I love sharing my story, my struggles as well as my triumphs. It has been amazing to be encouraged by my friends and readers as well as be an encouragement and inspiration to others!
3. What inspired you to start up your blog 
 I wish I could have a really great answer to what inspired me to start a blog. I only started a blog to showcase my graphic design. I used to design layouts and icons/blinkies on Myspace! HAHA isnt that hilarious!? So I started a blog because I saw other designers had one to showcase their designs and SELL them (since you were not supposed to sell via myspace. But once I got into blogs I realized it was so much more and this really amazing space where people could share all kinds of things. I started following a few writers and crafters and thought, hey I could do that! So I sort of jumped in feet first without looking. I had no clue what I was doing. But just kept chugging along and learning as I went. Which is why it took me so long to really figure it all out.
4. What is your dream job?
My dream job... Gosh this is a HARD one. See I mentioned before that I love variety and this makes it hard to choose a dream job. There are so many things I would LOVE to do. I actually wrote a blog post about it here if anyone is really interested: http://www.agapelovedesigns.com/2013/01/10-professions-i-wish-i-had.html
5. Can you share with us some of your favourite blogs to read ?
There are so many amazing and inspiring women in the blog world. I could name so many.... But I will keep it brief... here are 3 that pop into my mind instantly:
http://www.saturatedcanary.blogspot.com/
http://www.livinginyellow.com/
http://www.muchloveilly.com/
6. Your favorite skin care, hair care and makeup products?
My skin care routine changes so much, Im always trying new products! But I really love Dove's exfoliating beauty bar. I use it often for body and face! Brands I love for hair are anything from Aussie or Garnier Fructis, and I LOVE Suave Dry Shampoo!! Favorite makeup products come from e.l.f., maybelline and physicians formula... And of course My Beauty Addiction!
7 If you could give one piece of advice to someone who is thinking of starting up their own blog what would it be?
One piece of advice for those starting a blog, dont worry about followers or all that extra stuff right away. Fist concentrate on building your content! Figure out who you are as a blogger first before you try to gain readers and followers. If you have a beautifully designed blog with great content readers and followers will come naturally! If you are trying to build a large following but your content is lacking and your blog is not nice to look at... It will be a lot harder to keep people coming back!
8. Can You tell us what is in you handbag?? (hehehe I like been nosey? Include a picture ?
My purse is usually a black hole for random items, garbage, and "just in case" items for myself or my kids! LOL But If you want a better idea of what I keep in my purse when its cleaned up and nice, you can raid my purse in this post here:http://www.agapelovedesigns.com/2012/05/raid-my-purse.html
9. Where else apart from your blog can we find you aka twitter facebook etc. 
You can find me all over the place!

10 Any last words for us  

Thank you so much for having me on your blog! I would love to meet new people! And I encourage you all to be sure to stop by every monday for my Makeup Monday Linky Party! I am also always looking for people wanting to be a guest co-host too. So contact me if you are interested!

Agape Love Designs
Make sure to check out Maria's websites and let her know you dropped by :) 
Until next time 
Lots of Love Luck and Laughter 

















I love love love hearing from you all :) I make it my duty to read each and every one of you comments and every time i get a comment from you it highlights my day thanks so so much to you all xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

1 comment:

Jess | The Indigo Hours said...

Maria sounds lovely, I'm off for a read now! :)
Thanks for introducing us!!

Jess xo

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...