Friday 30 August 2013

Sharing the Love #21: Interview with Karen from Lovely Girlie Bits

Hey My Beauties How are you all today :) 
I am so so excited to reveal our next guest in the share the love series :) 
I am sure you all know them especially if you are an Irish reader but its the one and only 
Karen from Lovely Girlie Bits.  She and her sister write an absolutely amazing blog which is one of my all time favourites plus they have started up a channel on YouTube in which I LOVE they are hilarious together I always watch their videos over and over when I need some cheering up or just want a good laugh and Karen is so funny they way she goes on Plus they do amazing detailed reviews and everything else beauty wise :) :) I love these girls to bits and so delighted they are part of my share the love series and guess what I have had the privilege of meeting both Karen and Joanne not once but twice :)  They are just as lovely in person :)  Ok I am rambling :) Here is my interview with the Lovely Karen :) 

1.  Hey Karen Welcome to my blog :) :) Can you tell us a little about yourself :) 
  I'm Karen, a thirty-something who loves all things beauty and has a dog Bailey who thinks he's a person.  He's me in doggy form, so basically a brat!  But I don't wee on the carpet in the spare room.

2.  Tell us a little about your blog 
The blog is mainly a beauty blog with a smidge of fashion!  I write like I'm my reader and write posts I'd want to read on a blog.  It's really important for me to get my personality across which can be hard in text, but most of the readers get me, so I'm happy out!

3.  What inspired you to start up your blog 
 I started the blog as a distraction from everything that was going on in my life at the time.  I figured I'd so much makeup and will never run out of anything to blog about and three years later, I'm still going strong!  It's a second job now really.  One I don't get paid for, but I absolutely love it and can't see myself stopping anytime soon!

4.  What is your dream job?
 I'd love to be able to blog full time.  That's my dream job in a nutshell.  Getting paid to do what you love is the dream!

5.  Can you share with us some of your favourite blogs to read ?
 I love reading lots of blogs and some of my favourites are Fluffandfripperies.com, Emeraldeyeliner.com, Totalmakeupaddict, bloodspot.ie, Cherrysuedointhedo.com and of course yours Nina!

6.  Your favorite skin care, hair care and makeup products?
I'm lucky that I get to try lots of fantastic products and I have to give a shout out to Origins Clean Energy Cleansing Oil, La Roche Posay Cicaplast Baume B5, La Roche Posay Hydraphase Intense Mask, L'Oreal Mythic Hair Oil, Trevor Sorbie Smoothing Spray, Bourjois Rouge Shine lipsticks, Smashbox Halo Hydrating Perfecting Powder, Smashbox Eye Brightening Mascara.  I could go on, believe me!   

7   If you could give one piece of advice to someone who is thinking of starting up their own blog what would it be?
I could talk for Ireland on this!  But if I could just give one piece of advice, it would be to prepare to work hard.  When I started blogging, there were a handful of Irish beauty blogs and now there are hundreds.  This means that it can be hard to stand out in a crowd of girls who are all blogging about the same thing.  There are no shortcuts in becoming a successful blogger, well, no honest ones anyway, but if you plug away, write about what you have if you can't afford to buy new products and let your personality shine through, then there's no looking back!


8.  Can You tell us what is in you handbag?? (hehehe I like been nosey?  Include a picture ?
 My handbag is a holy mess right now.  I have actual handbag shame... I think if I took a photo of my house, it would have less than what's inside my bag!  And I wonder why I have a sore shoulder!  Ideally I'd like to carry just my wallet, sunglasses, little makeup bag and keys.  In fact I have everything ever made in it and really should clear it out or start bringing my carry on suitcase around with me!

9.  Where else apart from your blog can we find you aka twitter facebook etc. 
   I'm @lovelygirlybits on Twitter 
Blog is http://www.lovelygirliebits.com/
Facebook page is https://www.facebook.com/pages/Lovelygirliebitscom/142891099093615
 Instagram is @lovelygirliebits and I think that's it!
YouTube:  http://www.youtube.com/user/Lovelygirliebits?feature=watch

10  Any last words for us :) 
 I just wanted to say thanks a million to Nina for having me do this interview!  I don't know how she does it with all the chiddlers and puts me to shame!  Her blog is my absolute favourite for swatches and the time she puts into each post really shows.  So if you're a new blogger, take some time and root around her blog!

Thanks Nina!
Lovely Girlie Bits - Irish Beauty Blog with beauty news, reviews, YouTube, makeup, skincare!


There you go make sure not to miss out on some amazing reviews and just amazing positive vibes from both these ladies you wont regret it :) I was even lucky enough to be asked to do a guest blog post on their blog about a month ago I was so delighted and if you missed it check it out here Its a Mac Lipstick Dupe and costs less than €5 ;)  
Until next time 
Lots of Love Luck and Laughter 




I love love love hearing from you all :) I make it my duty to read each and every one of you comments and every time i get a comment from you it highlights my day thanks so so much to you all xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

1 comment:

Unknown said...

That's a fab handbag. A lot of lip products for one bag!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...